New York City... there's where I spent the Thanksgiving weekend. Took bus down on 21 Nov nite n arrived in the middle of nowhere at a weirdo time. Had breakfast cum lunch at a Korean place near our hostel, stupid noodles so spicy tt I got a sore throat a/f makaning.
The Thanksgiving parade was 'oh my gosh', crowd packed like sardines so stuffy and we literally c nothing at all. It was oni after the celebration ended tt we got the NY Explorer Pass from Planet Hollywood... haizzz wasted 1/2 a day of the pass already.
1st stop 22 Nov: Empire State Building 86th floor observatory to look at the city view from atop. So many skyscrapers in Manhatten, it would be nice if I get the chance to walk ard and admire the city's architecture...
2nd stop 22 Nov: Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. The wax figures looks so real... so many celebrities around haha, I even mistaken some real ppl as wax figures hoho. It's definitely worth the time spent there cos there's alot of chiobus n yandaos...
3rd stop 23 Nov: Museum of Sex. Lotsa 'incredible' display items tt nobody would imagine in their rite mind lo... Nevertheless, some of the display items r too sparstic tt I burst out laughing keke
4th stop 23 Nov: Bodies the Exhibition. Personally, I find this the most interesting place out of the entire trip. Alot of general knowledge gained from the exhibition, fascinating how they can dissect the body into so many parts... too bad no pictures allowed, the preserved body circulatory system looks so pretty in the container of formaldehyde, just like coral reefs!!
5th stop 24 Nov: Central Park. Went out for a early walk in the famous park of NYC. There's even a outdoor ice-skating ring, too bad there's no more time for us to lang fei on skating liao... Oni managed to c a small section... guess I have to dedicate a whole day to Central Park on my next trip to NYC.

6th stop 24 Nov: Statue of Liberty. Freaking irritating day started off with queuing for 3+hrs just to get to Liberty Island, so many security checks tt require us to degown haizzz... N they call this a symbol of freedom siah, reali best liao. The worst thing is I end up injuring my leg, becoming bai kar for the rest of the trip loh. Anyway, on to the statue, the museum is very informative with the historical events regarding the statue. We had to climb 156 steps to the pedestal and it's oni on my way down tt I realise there's a LIFT. My poor bai kar leg... The view of NYC is clearly visible from here, with many bridges n buildings everywhere. Too bad we came down from the pedestal lata then expected n missed the last ferry to Ellis Island sianzzz

7th stop Wall Street 24 Nov: Nothing much to c one, probably cos I wasn't paying attention anymore... struggling to walk with my spoilt leg haha :P
Take a look at the remains of my NYC trip hoho!
All in all, I am abit disappointed in this trip as there's alot of places tt I did not get to go due to time constraint sobsobs :'( Hmph! Next trip I muz tour the entire Central Park, aquarium, cruise, Chinatown...
1st stop 22 Nov: Empire State Building 86th floor observatory to look at the city view from atop. So many skyscrapers in Manhatten, it would be nice if I get the chance to walk ard and admire the city's architecture...
2nd stop 22 Nov: Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. The wax figures looks so real... so many celebrities around haha, I even mistaken some real ppl as wax figures hoho. It's definitely worth the time spent there cos there's alot of chiobus n yandaos...
3rd stop 23 Nov: Museum of Sex. Lotsa 'incredible' display items tt nobody would imagine in their rite mind lo... Nevertheless, some of the display items r too sparstic tt I burst out laughing keke
4th stop 23 Nov: Bodies the Exhibition. Personally, I find this the most interesting place out of the entire trip. Alot of general knowledge gained from the exhibition, fascinating how they can dissect the body into so many parts... too bad no pictures allowed, the preserved body circulatory system looks so pretty in the container of formaldehyde, just like coral reefs!!
5th stop 24 Nov: Central Park. Went out for a early walk in the famous park of NYC. There's even a outdoor ice-skating ring, too bad there's no more time for us to lang fei on skating liao... Oni managed to c a small section... guess I have to dedicate a whole day to Central Park on my next trip to NYC.
6th stop 24 Nov: Statue of Liberty. Freaking irritating day started off with queuing for 3+hrs just to get to Liberty Island, so many security checks tt require us to degown haizzz... N they call this a symbol of freedom siah, reali best liao. The worst thing is I end up injuring my leg, becoming bai kar for the rest of the trip loh. Anyway, on to the statue, the museum is very informative with the historical events regarding the statue. We had to climb 156 steps to the pedestal and it's oni on my way down tt I realise there's a LIFT. My poor bai kar leg... The view of NYC is clearly visible from here, with many bridges n buildings everywhere. Too bad we came down from the pedestal lata then expected n missed the last ferry to Ellis Island sianzzz
7th stop Wall Street 24 Nov: Nothing much to c one, probably cos I wasn't paying attention anymore... struggling to walk with my spoilt leg haha :P
Take a look at the remains of my NYC trip hoho!
All in all, I am abit disappointed in this trip as there's alot of places tt I did not get to go due to time constraint sobsobs :'( Hmph! Next trip I muz tour the entire Central Park, aquarium, cruise, Chinatown...
No comments:
Post a Comment