I always thought tt memorials n monuments r freaking sianzzz places... but my day at DC made me think otherwise. Wat a pretty day, very well spent! My fav is Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, with the phrase 'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.' deeply embedded on the stone walls. In my opinion, President Roosevelt is the most respected US leader as he is the one who brought US out of the Great Depression during 1930s and led the country through WWII.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Washington DC 13 Apr 08
Washington DC, capital of the States... spent my day walking ard the 'famed tourists spots'. Loved the fact tt I can walk ard in oni 2 layers of clothes, unlike the 4 layers I usually wear in NH :(
DC is famous for the kirei sakura trees this time of the yr. Lotsa sakuras flying ard the entire Tidal Basin, very impressive!
Places tt I went to: Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument, Capitol Building, Lincoln Memorial, White House, WWII Memorial, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial.
I always thought tt memorials n monuments r freaking sianzzz places... but my day at DC made me think otherwise. Wat a pretty day, very well spent! My fav is Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, with the phrase 'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.' deeply embedded on the stone walls. In my opinion, President Roosevelt is the most respected US leader as he is the one who brought US out of the Great Depression during 1930s and led the country through WWII.

I always thought tt memorials n monuments r freaking sianzzz places... but my day at DC made me think otherwise. Wat a pretty day, very well spent! My fav is Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, with the phrase 'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.' deeply embedded on the stone walls. In my opinion, President Roosevelt is the most respected US leader as he is the one who brought US out of the Great Depression during 1930s and led the country through WWII.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment