Monday, May 26, 2008

Montreal 24 May 08

1st trip to Canada, full of anticipation of the land up north. Journey started from home in NH, crosses state to Vermont, then to the Canada immigration office. After we passed US borders, roads became bumpy.. Haizzz the cons of no-toll means poor maintained roads, esp after the harsh winter of 07/08.

Driving in Montreal in HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, INCREDIBLE!!! People on the roads have no road etiquette, no respect for traffic rules n dangerous driving habits. I learnt to appreciate the 'politeness' of US road users keke :P Finding a parkin lot in downtown Montreal is crazy, it drove us nuts n the cost of parking is equivalent to our meals here!

Montreal Chinatown might not b big, but it has authentic Chinese food or shd I say Cantonese food? Dim sum is yummy, it's been 10 mths since I had eaten har gao, siew mai, chee cheong fan muahahahahhaa... All these food tt used to b so easily available now seems a luxury to me in this angmoh land. Thanks to the Hongkongers who migrated here tt I get to makan such fantastic food...

Old Montreal is kinda tourism-based, lotsa old buildings around the area... The botanical garden has its fair share of flowers and kirei fountain! The Olympic Stadium is so-so niah, not as fantastic as portrayed in numerous websites. We r so kuku to take a detour route, ended up walkin a big round back to botanical garden car park... Haiz wat a waste of time n energy leh!!

No comments: