Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rocky Mountain National Park 04 Jul 08

Finale of my national park craze... Rocky Mountain! After so many days of wanderin in the desert, it's very refreshing to c blue blue sky, green green trees n clear clear water. We oni had 1 hike: Cascade Falls Trail. The trail was cool n nice, but there were so many mosquitoes at the end of the trail.. worst thing is those freaking blood suckers belong to the commando squad, big n fly damn fast!!! I had a hard time siaming while takin pictures.

After the hike, we proceeded to drive around n managed to c a mother moose w its baby. However, we did not get any photos cos the mom moose will be unhappy if we get too near the baby. We got a photo of an elk as we went further down, looks like reindeer to me though. 1st time seeing elk, quite bochap animals as they cant b bothered w us n carried on eating away... Or could it b due to the fact tt they r used to civilisation n human wowing at them??

We drove up to the peak of Rocky Mountain, elevation 12005 feet. Dead cold up there, snow caps still present on the mountains. Under dressed for the day, lucky I stayed within the comfort zone of the car, dun think I can survive outside for long with my tank top n 3/4 pants! The way down was freakin winding n no barrier at all, any carelessness on our driving would send us crashing down into the valley w no remains. Fortunately, I do not have fear of heights so I can still enjoy the view. Poor Saimese twin, think the ride own scare her out of her wits already...

No comments: