Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Zion National Park 30 Jun 08

1st day of my national park craze... startin w Zion. Due to the large number of tourists here, buses were implemented inside the park in order to ease traffic congestion. Luckily, the bus frequency is 6 - 7 min, not tt bad la w the bus conductor intro scenery, hiking trails n overlooks. We dropped off to start our 1st hike, Emerald Pools Trail... nice n easy leading to small pools. Next stop is Weeping Rock, short walk to the small waterfall. Although small, I still think it's pretty n most importantly, it's cooling in the concave rocks... finally away from the sun liao hoho. Last hike of the day is Angel's Landing, the horror episode of the entire trip. Steep n curvy, it took me 3hrs juz to get to Scout lookout, freaking HELL!!! Lookin down the mountains, I can't believe I actually climb so high up using my pig trotters, dun think anyone in Singapore will actually believe a lazy pig managed to do this mauhahahahaha! The remaining 0.5miles I had to stop though, too steep n dangerous... almost impossible w my shorty legs. My Siamese twin had already headed back to the hotel due to her fear of heights, while Kon continued heading for the mountain top. Drained of all energy, I had to rest at the lookout for 2 hrs. By the time I went back to the hotel, it was almost 10pm liao... spent 7hours on this hike alone. I CANT BELIEVE IT!

No comments: